Pages

Wednesday 3 November 2010

What Is Old Is New

So lucky to be asked by Mel and Em to be the GUEST DESIGNER at What Is Old Is New kits this month.

I was given the FANTASTIC boy kit to work with, let me tell you it is chock a block FULL of great products. All I added to it was a few letters, staples and string. Everything else you see on these layouts are out of the kit. I still have enough left over to make a few more layouts too :)

Too Fast - little boy is growing up WAY too quickly. Almost 8 months old. Distressing, doodling, lots of layering, all the things I love. Plus my notebook punch. Even using up the negatives, can't waste green PP now can I ;)


Materials: Card: Kraft; Paper: Basic Grey; Other: Basic Grey Woolies, tabs; American Crafts thickers, Jenni Bowlin Stickers, Scenic Route rubons and chipboard, pen, material, ribbon, envelope, staples, EK Sucess punch, paperclip, helmar adhesives


Boom Boom Boom - So while I had a boy kit, I love to show verstaility and use photo you wouldn't usually use, like this photo of Luke and I on our wedding day <3 Been over 6.5yrs now since we were married. Our lives have changed so much in that short time. (yeah I know soppy journaling, went well with the tape measure though) I do love that tape measure heart



Materials: Card: Bazzill, corrugated; Paper: Pink Paislee, Basic Grey; Other: Pink Paislee Tape, American Crafts Thickers, Jenni Bowlin Button and stickers, Junkitz chipboard, material, buttons, paper lace, string, vintage cards and tickets, ribbon, pen, martha Stewart and EK Sucess punch, doiley, paint, helmar adhesives

My Big Boy - 'Nuff said right, seriously, this boy might only be two but he's the size of the average 3 year old. People often mistake him for older than he is. Playing around with strips of paper, material and mesh, and clusters AGAIN. Plus LOTS of rubons, I've cut them up added them to different items (tape measure)



Materials - Card: Bazzill; Paper: Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket; Other: Jenni Bowlin Stickers, Sassafras Lass journaling spot, Scenic Route rubons, Heidi Swapp journaling spot, mesh, tickets, vintage playing card, material, string, measuring tape, paper clip, dymo, paint, staples, pen, Martha Stewart punch, helmar adhesives


Just want to say thanks to the girls for allowing me to create with the November Boy kit, I throughly enjoyed using it and I'm amazed at the amount of product I have left over. Head over to the site and check out what Mel has done with the girl kit, AMAZING work.

xx

2 comments:

Catie said...

Gorgeous LOs Nic! Can't believe how quickly Adam is growing... he's really starting to look like a little boy, not a baby. Goes way too fast doesn't it! Great to be able to see your awesome work still. xo

On my way... said...

These are AWESOME Nic!! Love all the distressing, misting, clustering, that tape heart is fabulous! Seriously outdone yourself here Nic, so inspired :D

Xx