Pages

Monday 23 August 2010

Art Journal Journey

Decided to jump on the Art Journal train feel free to follow the journey with me.

It's an old book from the 1930's so it's nice a tattered, little discoloured, little ripped, but full of character and fun. Plus it's going to be cool having bits and pieces of text show through here and there, have the first pages gesso'd and ready for scribbling, painting, adding text WHATEVER I want.

Been very inspired by Julie Fei Fan Balzer and Tammy Tutterow

Anyway onto the book


This is what the pages look like, I pulled out about half of them.
I haven't finished gluing them together yet (ran out of glue, oops)


Gesso on the cover ready to go :)

Little doodling, little paint, little felt.

Some more painting, masks and stamping and some Glimmermist spray.
Plus I used a stencil for some added interest

Some detail,

Slowly getting there, added sooooo many layers

Finished cover :)

little more detail, white thickers which I smeared with red paint, and heated with the heat gun to melt and curl them a little.

and just a little bit of glitter ;)

So that's been my fun and creative time

YAY, think I might actually go and add a little more now

xx

8 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, can't wait what you gonna do inside that cutie :)))

Krissy Christie said...

wow this is stunning!

Krissy xx

milkcan said...

Wow!! It's completely fantastic!! I love it!

Torill said...

I'm looking forward to see more AJ!!!!
lovely cover!!

On my way... said...

Gooooooorgeous Nic!!!! So wanna give a journal a go, really inspiring :)

Xx

Lauren said...

Your art journal looks sooo much fun!! Love what you've done with the alphas :) Can't wait to see what happens next!!
Have lots of fun!!x

imanewbierunner said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Tammy Tutterow said...

Oh wow, that is amazing! I love the idea of using and old book!